There are choices when it comes to deciding what hospice care provider can best meet your needs. You want to make an informed and confident decision.
Here is important information you need to know about Hospice of South Georgia:
Since 1987, Hospice of South Georgia has been recognized as the area’s leader in comprehensive end-of-life care. Its mission began -and continues- as a community based, not-for-profit provider of care, staffed with experienced professionals and supported by a dedicated core of volunteers.
Hospice of South Georgia’s
Family Satisfaction Survey Scores exceed the national average.
Our services include:
- Regularly scheduled staff visits
- 24 hours, 7 days a week on-call services
- Training of family in patient’s care
- Coordination of care with patient’s physician
- Emotional and spiritual support by our social workers, counselors, and chaplain
- Supportive care by trained volunteers
- Assistance with medications, equipment and supplies that relate
to the life-limiting illness
- Grief support with comprehensive services for all ages
- Access to the Langdale Hospice House – a unique short term inpatient care center exclusively for Hospice of South Georgia patients
The Langdale Hospice House provides another level of service to the patients and families cared for by Hospice of South Georgia.
It offers unique benefits…
- When a caregiver needs a respite or break
- When the patient has symptoms, like pain, that require specialized care
- As a short term transition from the hospital to another
Features of the Langdale Hospice House include…
- 15 private bedrooms with round the clock state-of-the-art care
- Private baths in each room
- A spa room featuring a hydrotherapy bathing system
- A warm home-like setting with shared living areas including a fireplace, kitchen & dining room
- A library and chapel, as well as a playroom for children
- A beautifully landscaped garden with a walkway and seating area
The most frequent comment we hear is:
“We wish someone had told us about you sooner.”
Hospice of South Georgia is Your community…Your hospice…Your choice.